Which Area Of Bali Is Right For You?
Is Bali on your bucket list ?
Bali is on my bucket list for so many reasons food, yoga, surfing, beaches and temples.
Bali is an Indonesian Island located just east of Java. It was initially a surfer's paradise, and now it is a popular tourist destination in Southeast Asia. This ancient island is now a mix of tourist areas and traditional culture. There are many different ways to experience Bali, and it all depends on what you are looking to get out of your trip.
The Different Areas Of Bali
The different areas of Bali will appeal to different people depending on the type of trip that they are planning. Southern, Central, Eastern, and Western Bali all have their own personalities and beauties for those who decide to visit there.
The southern coast of Bali is the tourist mecca of the island. This is the area of the island where you will find the tourist hotels, lively nightlife, and the best bars. Various cities in southern Bali will lend themselves to having great offerings for those looking to have the tourist experience.
As one of the more laid-back towns of this region. It has the type of "surfer" vibe you would find in places like Venice Beach, California, and Bondi Beach in Sydney. This is where digital nomads and entrepreneurs choose to live so that they can enjoy artisan beers and organic restaurants.
A town in southern Bali that is going to have the major resort hotels, high-end villas, and the hippest beach bars. If you are looking for a modern-day vacation in Southeast Asia, this is the area for you.
· Jimbaran- This town is dotted with white sand beaches and 5-star resorts. This is a great town for kids because many of the beaches in Bali have rough seas and black volcanic sand. This is a great place to go for a family vacation.
· Uluwatu/Padang Padang-
A surfer's paradise, in the center of Southern Bali. These beaches are situated on the Bukit Peninsula, and experienced surfers should only ride the waves here.
· Nusa Dua- This area of Bali is located on the southern-most tip of the island, and the beaches here are considered to be the best in Bali. There are two distinct areas in this part of Bali; the resort area and the town of Tanjung Benoa with its’ local shops and restaurants.
The central region of Bali is far more than just the geographical center of the island. The central region is also the cultural, historical, and spiritual center of Bali. It is shown in the natural beauty of this region and the ancient traditions that are still carried out to this day.
· Ubud- For decades, this town was a sleepy artist village that was then transformed into its’ own little metropolis. The rice terraces and mountains of this town form the backdrop and base in which to explore the temples, museums, and heart of Bali.
This section of Bali has a down-to-earth atmosphere. It is far more toned down than, say, southern Bali.
Known for its' scuba diving. There isn't much else to offer in this area. In the sea, just off the coast, is the wreckage of the USS Liberty. This town is also the perfect jumping-off point for those who are headed to the Gili Islands.
· Sanur- This town is the perfect area for family trips. The beach of this mellow town is surrounded by a picturesque coral reef that keeps the waters calmer and shallower. This creates a perfect place for the kids to play. It is also home to the largest children’s playground and café, Peekaboo.
Western Bali is considered to be the most representative of what “real” Bali is. Most of it is mountains, volcanoes, rice paddies, and tourist-free.
· Balian Beach-
Balian Beach is considered to be more of a "secret spot" in Eastern Bali because not many tourists venture there. This black sand beach offers great surfing and beautiful coves to explore with the kids.
· The rural area of this section of Bali. If you are traveling here, you are going to want to see the UNESCO Heritage Site of Jati Luwih rice terraces, the Tanah Lot Temple, and Mount Batukaru. You will want to go to surround yourself with nature and the history of Bali here.
Bali has something to offer for everyone. No matter what type of trip you are looking to take and who is going on the trip, Bali has what you want. Take the time to do a little bit of research and figure out what is going to work best for you. Taking this time will make your trip to Bali perfect and unforgettable.
Let me help you find the perfect trip to explore Bali